If you have an existing installation of Genesis or the Food Processor, and have moved to the supplements version, you can transfer all of your existing user created items to the new system.
To do so:
- Export all of your existing data within the application. You can reference this guide on exporting for more information. In the linked document, consider using Database > Export All as part of Step 1. This can take a while with a lot of user data.
Note: For ease of importing, the use of your Desktop or Documents folders for the export is not advisable. The easiest location for exporting would be a new folder in the C drive. Create a C:\export or C:\temp folder to export into.
- Open Genesis Supplements.
- Select Database from the menu on the left or go to the File menu and choose Database.
- Click the Import icon and select the EXL File option.
- Browse to the location that you saved the exported file(s), select one, and choose OK.
- If you have more than one file to import you'll need to repeat steps 4 and 5 for each one individually.
If you would like assistance with this process, or if you have any troubles, connect to the Live Chat found on this page.