The following steps are for use if you wish to save a Recipe (or any document, such as Ingredient or Person) for the purpose of using it in another installation of the program. Common examples for this is to share a record with a colleague, or use this record on a different computer.
Once imported, the document exists as any other document manually created. For example, if you have transferred a Recipe, after import the recipe can be opened by clicking the Recipe/Formula button, or File / Open / Recipe.
Genesis and Food Processor V11.x AND LATER
- With the document (e.g. Recipe) open, on the Ribbon click the Recipe tab. (To export all of your user information at once, choose Database>Export All)
- Click the Export button, then select Recipe.
- Under Save As, select your location.
- Name the file. This file name should have an extension of *.exl.
- Click Save.
The *.exl file is now portable--it can be emailed or transfered to the 2nd computer which is intending to use the document.
To Open at Second Computer:
- Open your ESHA application.
- Click Database/Import.
- Locate the .exl file and highlight it.
- Click Open.
- Select the appropriate options and click OK.