There are two common causes of this printing problem:
- Logical Width setting within Genesis;
- DPI settings within the PDF writer.
To adjust the Logical Width within Genesis:
- Open the Recipe, and view the Label Display.
- On the menu, click Label / Settings.
- On the left, highlight Object Properties.
- On the right, expand the Label node.
- Under Size, uncheck 'Automatically Calculate the Size'
- Change the Logical Width value. We recommend increasing the original value by one tenth (e.g. if default is 2.2, change to 2.3).
- Repeat the Print To Vector steps.
To adjust DPI settings within your PDF writer:
NOTE: ESHA uses novaPDF for its printer driver. The steps below describe changes to this driver; if you use another PDF writer, there are most likely similar settings available in Properties.
- View the label onscreen.
- Right-click the label display and choose Print as Vector.
- In the printer setup screen that appears, select your PDF driver.
- Click the Properties button.
- Select the Page tab (normally selected by default).
- In the lower right you may modify the DPI for Graphic resolution.
- Typically 300 is recommended, but you may wish to experiment with other values until you get the result you desire.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again and follow the rest of the process to produce the .pdf file.