The ESHA software is a bit unlike other software applications in that it is a database program by nature. As a result, when creating a Recipe (or Ingredient) in the program, you are not actually saving files to your computer, but rather records inside of a database.
You will not see files on your computer as a result of saved Recipes or Ingredients. Saving to a folder in the traditional sense does not apply.
There is functionality to associate any Recipe (or Ingredient) to 1 or more Groups in the database. There are several Groups already in the database, or you can create your own. If you create your own, we suggest doing so under ‘Databases':
- Click Database / Modify.
- Click the Groups tab.
- Highlight the parent Group (‘Databases’) and click New.
- Follow the steps (a “folder” can contain additional groups if you wish to have a hierarchy).
To add a Recipe or Ingredient to a group:
- Edit the Recipe (or Ingredient).
- Click the Groups page.
- Check the box(es) for the Group(s) to which this record should be associated.
You may filter searching by Groups – either by excluding groups, or including them.
To exclude groups when searching (refer to this kb article):
- Click View / Preferences.
- Click the Search page.
- Each Group checked will be Excluded from all searches.
Or, you may include groups when searching:
- When in the Open screen (or when adding an item to a Recipe), click the More button.
- In More, click Select to choose which Group(s) the search should be limited.
Note: excluded groups will win over included groups. In other words, if a group is excluded, even if you explicitly select to include it, the recipes (ingredients) will not appear in search results.