This is an advanced repair. If at any time you need assistance, you can contact our Technical Support by clicking on the "Live Chat" option on this page.
This error is commonly caused by the Master database in SQL Server being corrupted. There is a copy of these files that can be used to rebuild them.
- First open a Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ESHA\MSSQL. If you are not running the \ESHA instance of SQL Server, the MSSQL10_50.ESHA may have a different name.
- Rename the folder "DATA". You can simply rename it "DATA.old".
- Create a new folder in this directory named "DATA"
- Open the "Template Data" folder and copy all of the files in this directory.
- Paste the copy of these files into the newly created C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ESHA\MSSQL\DATA folder.
- Go to SQL Server Configuration Manager and try to start the SQL Server Service again, it should start now.
- Test your application to confirm it now works.
- If you continue to have problems, contact ESHA support.