This topic will go over the most common reasons for the Food Processor or Genesis failing to activate. Activation is a one time process the first time you launch the application. If you continue to have troubles getting the application to activate or have no internet access to activate the application, contact ESHA Support using the Live Chat feature on this page.
- If you receive the above error when launching the application(your current and expected versions may be different) before your unlicensed error, then there is a need to update the database. The application can not activate unless it can connect to a database with the proper version.
- If you have your database updated follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Load ESHA PS and try the `Test-LicenseService` command for better diagnostics.
- Download and run: https://s3.amazonaws.com/esharesearch-support/scripts/EshaPs_Offline_Setup_2.0.184.exe
- Use `Test-LicenseService` Command (If you get a error relating to trust relationship SSL/TLS secure channel follow these steps)
- Check if the CA Root cert is installed with `Get-EshaRootCaCert`
- If not present, add the CA Root cert with `Add-EshaRootCaCert` or alternatively run directly here.
If you continue to have problems with activation, you can email your activation log file to email@example.com To find the log file:
- On the computer to which you were doing the activation, click the Start button.
- In the Search programs and files box, type %localappdata%
- After typing this, press ENTER. This should open your Local App Data folder.
- Within, look for a folder name "Esha Research" then "Genesis" (or FoodPro if applicable). Inside of this folder should be a "Genesis.log" file (or FoodPro.log).