During an upgrade, If you are met with an error "The Specified Account Already Exists" such as:
You will need to uninstall any old versions of the program before running the installer again. We always recommend running a backup prior to any update, but uninstalling the program should leave your data intact.
- Backup database (if on the same computer as your ESHA installation - not a bad practice before any installation or uninstallation)
This is generally not required, as the uninstallation/reinstallation is designed to leave the database untouched. However, as noted, backup is never a bad idea.
- Backup program ini file (typically located: C:\Program Files (x86)\Esha Research\GenesisSQL\genesissql.ini (replace GenesisSQL with FoodProSQL if for Food Processor))
- Take Note of Customer Number and Serial Code (Found on Home -> About in Program) you may be prompted for this during re-install
- Uninstall Program from Control Panel (Or Programs & Features)
- Check C:\Program Files (x86)\Esha Research\GenesisSQL location, only genesissql.ini should be in there. (replace GenesisSQL with FoodProSQL if for Food Processor) If other files exist you may need to manually delete them.
- Run the Installer Normally, you may be prompted for the Customer Number and Serial Key Again.